ARTS, CULTURE, AND SPORTS REJUVENATION PROJECT
Sponsored by: Barbados Association of Winnipeg Inc. Funded by: The Department of Sports, Culture, and Heritage.
- To support, encourage and re-involve people especially seniors in social participation, especially since the pandemic.
- To promote and represent the culture(s) of black Canadians.
- To keep and develop an interest in Caribbean culture.
- To include and educate others of non-Caribbean descent.
- To schedule weekly or bi-weekly sessions in community spaces where participants will gather to engage and interact.
- To secure the support and instruction of experts in the field of Arts, Culture, and Sports.
Register below Now!
List of Activities to Select From. Check the Number Below in the Registration Form.
1. Cooking Classes and Dinner for up to 30 people who may be interested in volunteering with BAWor learning how to make Caribbean foods. When? Sunday: May 7, 2023, 3 pm-7 pm. Glenwood Community Center.
2. Cooking Classes and Dinner for up to 30 people who may be interested in volunteering with BAWor learning how to make Caribbean foods. When? Sunday, May 21, 2023, 3 pm-7 pm. Glenwood Community Center.
3. Folk singing lessons and refreshments for a group of up to 15 who may be willing to keep the group going after and perform for the BAW in the community. When: Fall 2023 (Location to be determined).
4. African and Caribbean Dance Lessons and refreshments for groups of up to 15 who may be interested in keeping the group going after and performing for the BAW in the community. When: Once per week for 6 weeks and maybe ongoing: When? Fall 2023 (Location to be determined).
5. Pickleball lessons. Racquets will be purchased by BAW and kept for a regular group interested in pursuing this sport. Looking for about 12 people who would like to play and maybe form a Caribbean group. When? Once per week for 6 weeks. Fall 2023, Glenwood Community Center.
6. Public speaking group of up to 10 people who want to improve their skills (includes a light dinner or snacks) When? Fall once/ week for 6 sessions Winnipeg Winter Club.
7. Bowling for 6 weeks for up to 30 people who are interested in possibly joining a Caribbean bowling team. When? Summer or Fall. (Location to be determined)